Dual Diagnosis Treatment – What is it?
Dual diagnosis treatment is the best way for a person who has both a drug addiction and mental illness to completely recover. In order to successfully overcome the addiction, each individual must both deal with the root cause of their addictive behavior and manage their mental illness.
The first step in dual diagnosis treatment is to break the substance abuse and mental illness cycle:
- Use drug of choice
- Experience being high
- Come down from high
- Experience anxiety and depression
- Take drug of choice to self-medicate
In some cases, the individual begins to use drugs to combat the symptoms of their mental illness. In other cases, the physical effects of substance abuse results in mental health issues.
Most addictive substances have a chemical effect on the brain. When the substance is ingested, the brain is flooded with neurotransmitters. Neurotransmitters are naturally created by the body and are responsible for feelings of pleasure in the brain. When the brain attempts to regain equilibrium, neurotransmitters are purged from the brain’s tissue. This results in the addicted person being unable to feel pleasure and pursuing more drugs to continue those feelings. This is an especially large issue for those who have mental health concerns. Individuals with mental health concerns are more easily effected by these changes in brain chemistry.
Dual diagnosis treatment focuses on treating both the addiction and the underlying mental health issue simultaneously. Both addiction treatment and mental health professionals coordinate care in order to provide dual diagnosis clients with the full support they need to overcome their addiction.
Summit Estate Recovery Center provides drug addiction and dual diagnosis treatment in Northern California. Their luxury facility sits on 23 acres and focuses on treating each client as an individual. Clients are fully involved in the creation of their treatment plan to ensure that their treatment addresses their specific goals and objectives for treatment. They have a successful dual diagnosis program and are amongst the highest rated facilities in California.
For additional information on the drug diagnosis program at Summit Estate, contact them today. Please submit your information using the link below and a Summit Estate team member will contact you. Or, call 800-701-6997 to speak with an admission counselor directly.
The best place to recover from a drug addiction is a luxury drug rehab center that provides care that focuses on the unique needs of each client. Unfortunately, many people with addiction concerns to not consider this option due to concerns with cost of luxury treatment. Treatment in a luxury drug rehab center does not have to break the bank and can be affordable.
Summit Estate Recovery Center is a leading provider of luxury drug rehab treatment in Northern California. They are able to help their clients recover from their addiction and maintain sobriety by providing each client with the specific support they need. This is done through a staff to client ratio that is unmatched in the industry, with 30 team members responsible for six clients at a time. Additionally, the staff at Summit Estate involves each client in the development of their treatment care plan during an interactive treatment session.
Summit Estate accepts insurance through most insurance carriers including:
- Anthem Blue Cross
Each client’s individual insurance coverage can greatly impact their out of pocket cost for rehab treatment. Because of this, the admissions team at Summit Estate works with potential clients and their insurance carriers to determine their out of pocket costs. Many people find their out of pocket cost after insurance coverage is more than reasonable.
In the event that paying for inpatient drug addiction treatment is a concern, Summit Estate is able refer potential clients to two financing companies. These companies specialize in financing inpatient treatment and are able to give approval information in as few as a few minutes.
The best way to determine if a luxury drug rehab center can fit into your budget is to contact Summit Estate. Their admissions counselors can answer your questions and contact your insurance company to identify your specific level of overage. Additionally, their admissions team can coordinate entry into treatment and to begin to understand more about you as an individual.
For additional information on the programs provided at Summit Estate’s luxury drug rehab center, contact them today. Please complete the form linked below or give them a call at 800-701-6997. Thank you.
Deciding if Dual Diagnosis Treatment is Right for You
People who are attempting to recover from a drug addiction while battling a mental illness face a unique set of issues. In order to overcome their addiction, it is important to find a dual diagnosis treatment program that can provide the support they need to manage their mental health issue while addressing their addictive behavior. In the Bay Area, a quality dual diagnosis treatment program should include:
- An attentive staff with a thorough understanding of the complex relationship between substance abuse and mental illness. In many instances, drugs or alcohol is used in an attempt to self-medicate the symptoms of an underlying mental illness. In other instances, the use of drugs or alcohol can worsen the symptoms of mental illness. Furthermore, individuals who are using drugs or alcohol are not likely to take the medication needed to manage their mental illness.
- A medically controlled and closely monitored detoxification protocol. This protocol should be tailored to each client so that they are able to detox without discomfort.
- A mental illness professional on staff to coordinate care with the addiction treatment team.
- An intensive inpatient drug or alcohol rehab program that identifies and addresses the root cause of the addictive behavior. Next, the program should develop the coping skills necessary to deal with stress and anxiety without the use of drugs or alcohol.
- Creation of a continuing care plan by the client with the help of their addiction recovery team that outlines how they will maintain their sobriety after leaving inpatient treatment.
Summit Estate Recovery Center provides addiction recovery and dual diagnosis treatment programs in a luxury setting. By focusing on the unique needs of each of person, Summit Estate is able to prepare their clients for life after leaving inpatient treatment. During dual diagnosis treatment, addiction recovery professionals and mental health experts work together to provide coordinated care.
Receive additional information on the treatment programs available at Summit Estate by contacting them today. Please complete the form linked below and a member of the Summit Estate team will reach out to you. Or, please call 800-701-6997 to speak directly with an admissions counselor. Thank you.
Dual diagnosis treatment is the ideal way of helping someone who has both a substance abuse problem. Unless both issues are addressed at the same time, there is a very high chance that the person will relapse. Dual diagnosis treatment in a luxury setting provides many benefits including:
- Allowing the client do detox in a medically controlled and comfortable manner. Detoxification protocols in luxury treatment facilities are specifically tailored to the unique needs of each individual. This eliminates much of the discomfort that is commonly associated with detoxification.
- Once they have detoxed, clients meet with a mental health expert who can correctly diagnose the underlying mental health concern and prescribe the appropriate level of medication. This sets the foundation for addiction recovery.
- The client’s treatment team of a mental health professional and addiction recovery professionals coordinate treatment to ensure the client receives the support they need.
- The recovery team aims to address the addictive behavior and develop the tools necessary to deal with stress and anxiety without the use of drugs or alcohol.
- Providing the clients with the support they need once they leave inpatient treatment to remain sober long term. This should include an available outpatient program and aftercare follow up by the treatment team.
Located in the Bay Area, Summit Estate Recovery Center provides luxury addiction recovery treatment with an individual focus. By maintaining an unmatched staff to client ratio, Summit Estate is able to help clients overcome their addiction by identifying and addressing the root cause of the addictive behavior. Their team of addiction recovery experts have had high levels of success with dual diagnosis patients which uniquely qualify them to provide this service.
Summit Estate accepts insurance from most major insurers, which can significantly reduce a client’s out of pocket cost for treatment. Should paying for inpatient treatment be an issue, Summit Estate works with two finance companies that specialize in funding addiction recovery.
To receive additional information on Summit Estate’s dual diagnosis treatment program, contact them today. Please complete the form linked below and a member of the Summit Estate team will reach out you. Or, give an admissions counselor a call at 800-701-6997. Thank you.
Dual diagnosis treatment provides a way for individuals with substance abuse issues and mental health concerns to manage their illness and recover from their addiction. Through this type of treatment, both the mental health issue and the addiction are addressed simultaneously, thus providing the best chance for successful recovery. Finding a quality inpatient drug rehab facility is an important part of the addiction recovery process.
When evaluating inpatient addiction treatment facilities that offer dual diagnosis treatment, look for the following:
- A luxury drug treatment facility that provides a comfortable and relaxing environment that allows clients to step away from the stress of their lives and focus on their recovery.
- A facility that provides personalized detoxification protocols that allow for detox to occur in a comfortable and controlled manner. This allows clients to begin their inpatient treatment sooner and focus on their recovery.
- A facility that has mental health experts on staff that are able to properly diagnose and treat the underlying mental illness. Without this step, addiction recovery is highly unlikely as the uncontrolled symptoms of mental illness can lead to self-medication and substance abuse.
- A facility that provides ongoing care after inpatient treatment via an outpatient and aftercare program. Outpatient treatment provides intensive treatment during working hours and allow clients to return home at night. This process allows clients to gradually ease back into everyday life. Additionally, an aftercare care ensures clients receive ongoing follow up for support after leaving treatment.
Summit Estate Recovery Center is conveniently located in northern California and is a leading provider of dual diagnosis treatment. By fully staffing their six bed facility with 30 team members, the team at Summit Estate is able to provide world class addiction treatment with a focus on the specific needs of each individual client. Their mental health and addiction recovery experts work together to provide the support dual diagnosis treatment clients need to recover from their addiction and remain sober.
To receive information on Summit Estate and the treatment programs they provide, contact them today. Please complete the form linked below and a team member will reach out to you. Or, call 800-701-6997 to speak with directly with an admissions counselor. Thank you.
People who have both mental illness and substance abuse face a unique set of circumstances when trying to recover from their addiction. Unless both the addiction and the underlying mental illness are both adequately addressed the cycle of addiction will continue. The best place for dual diagnosis treatment has the ability to completely and successfully treat both concerns.
Located on 23 acres in the greater Los Angeles area, Summit Estate Recovery Center offers comprehensive dual addiction treatment. By providing private addiction recovery with a focus the specific needs of each individual, Summit Estate has been able to successfully treat individuals with a dual diagnosis of mental illness and substance addiction. Summit Estate offers a number of amenities to ensure clients are comfortable and able to focus on their treatment plans:
- Luxury, hotel quality bathrooms and bedrooms
- Gourmet meals that are freshly prepared by an in house chef
- Relaxing, natural setting with gardens, lawns and orchards
- Hiking trails for exercise and stress relief
- Fully stocked fishing pond for recreation and relaxation
- Spa facilities with sauna and Jacuzzi
- Exercise area with equipment and personal trainer
The amenities provided by Summit Estate allow each client to focus on the intensive process that results in addiction recovery. Their non 12 step program has a multistep approach that includes:
- Personalized detoxification protocol that allows detox to occur in a comfortable and controlled manner
- Development of an addiction treatment plan that includes the personal goals and objectives of each client
- Focus on clean living in every aspect of life including mind, body and spirit
- Individual therapy
- Educational group sessions
- Offsite and onsite 12 step or alternate recovery meetings
- Establishing healthy habits and behaviors
- Creation of a plan for life after treatment
Summit Estate provides continued support after leaving treatment in a number of ways. There is an outpatient program that allows clients to return to the facility during business hours for additional treatment and return home in the evenings. After leaving inpatient treatment, Summit Estate staff routinely follows up with clients to follow up on their progress and to provide support.
For additional information on the dual diagnosis treatment plans available or to coordinate your entry into inpatient treatment, contact Summit Estate today. Please complete the form linked below or give Summit Estate a call at 800-701-6997. Thank you.
It is common for substance abuse and mental illness to occur simultaneously. In many instances one triggers the other. Some individuals with mental illness use drugs or alcohol in an attempt to self-medicate, triggering a cycle of addiction. Additionally, many individuals that abuse drugs or alcohol experience mental illness due to the effects of the substances they are ingesting. In order to completely recover from their addiction, people with a dual diagnosis of mental illness and substance abuse need to work with a treatment facility that understands treating both issues simultaneously. If both the addiction and mental illness are not fully treatment, the individual is much more likely to relapse and fall back into the same cycle.
Dual diagnosis treatment begins with understanding the cycle of mental illness and addiction:
- Ingestion of the drug of choice
- Increase in the amount of neurotransmitters in the brain
- Experience of feeling high
- Depletion of neurotransmitters by the brain to regain equilibrium
- Experience of coming down
- Difficulty experiencing pleasure due to the absence of naturally occurring neurotransmitters
- Anxiety and depression
- Ingesting the drug of choice to feel pleasure
Successful dual diagnosis treatment manages underlying mental illness as well as the addictive behavior. This can be difficult because the use of substances can cover up some of the symptoms of mental illness. Additionally, using medications can result in behavior that mimics mental illness. Only a team of highly qualified professionals are able to evaluate a client and determine the right course of treatment.
Summit Estate Recovery Center is a luxury addiction treatment facility located in California. The center provides a serene and comfortable environment that allows each client to relax and focus on their recovery. The treatment team at Summit Estate has had much success addressing dual diagnosis treatment.
Speak with an admissions representative today for additional information on the dual diagnosis treatment programs at Summit Estate. In addition to answering questions, the admissions counselors at Summit Estate can work with your insurance company to determine your specific out of pocket costs. To get started, complete the form on this site and Summit Estate will reach out to your or call 800-701-6997. Thank you.
It is common for substance abuse and mental illness to go hand in hand. In many cases, one starts the cycle for the other. Individuals who are struggling with mental illness and substance abuse require a dual diagnosis treatment plan that can address both issues. The best place for dual diagnosis treatment is a facility that understands and has had success treating both issues simultaneously.
Dual diagnosis individuals have unique needs in that both the mental illness and the substance abuse addiction are properly addressed. If both issues are not addressed, the cycle of addiction continues:
- The addicted person uses their substance of choice
- In response to the substance, the user’s brain is flooded by neurotransmitters
- The addicted person experiences a high feeling in response to the excess neurotransmitters
- The user’s brain regains balance by purging neurotransmitters from the brain, including neurotransmitters that are naturally present in the brain
- The user’s high ends and they begin to come down
- Due to the depletion of natural neurotransmitters in the brain, the addicted person experiences anxiety and depression
- The addicted person uses their substance of choice to self-medicate
People who are born with mental illness are more likely to become addicted to alcohol, drugs or prescription medication. Many individuals find themselves abusing substances in an attempt to address the symptoms of their illness.
Dual diagnosis treatment must take into consideration both the addictive behavior and addressing mental illness. This requires individualized treatment plans that can isolate and focus on the unique needs of each specific client in an inpatient setting.
Summit Estate Recovery Center provides individualized, luxury dual diagnosis treatment in a comfortable and private setting. By taking care to understand the specific needs of each individual, Summit Estate is able to create the right approach to set the foundation for recovery and long term sobriety. Treatment at Summit Estate includes:
- Involving each client in establishing their treatment plans
- Individual therapy
- Family therapy
- Individual counseling
- Offsite and onsite group meetings
- Interactive sessions that address specific areas of need
For additional information on the programs available through Summit Estate, contact them today. Please complete the form linked below or give Summit Estate a call at 800-701-6997. Thank you.
Dual diagnosis refers to an individual that has both a substance abuse issue and a mental illness. In many cases, one issue results in the other. The combination of both mental illness and a substance abuse problem creates a unique set of circumstances that can be difficult to treat and hard to recover from. Because of this, it is important that individuals seek dual diagnosis treatment in a facility that understands and has been successful with dual diagnosis treatment.
Dual diagnosis treatment programs must address both the mental illness and the addiction. Unless both issues are successfully treated simultaneously, the chance for relapse is great. Successful dual diagnosis treatment breaks the cycle of substance abuse and mental disorders:
- Taking the drug of choice
- Excess amounts of neurotransmitters floods the brain
- Experiencing the high as the result of the drug of choice
- The brain purges neurotransmitters to gain equilibrium
- Coming off of the high feeling
- Having difficulty feeling pleasure due to a lack of neurotransmitters
- Taking the drug of choice
Summit Estate Recovery Center provides luxury addiction treatment. They offer a number of programs including dual diagnosis treatment in their inpatient facility. Their treatment program for dual diagnosis clients includes:
- Medically managed and controlled detoxification protocol that allows for detox in a comfortable manner to allow clients to focus on their recovery.
- Assessment by a medical expert in the field of mental disorders
- Medication management to help to address the underlying mental health issue
- Intensive inpatient treatment including group and individual therapies in order to uncover the root cause of the addiction
- Creation of coping tools for addressing stress and cravings
- Continued treatment for the mental health concern during inpatient treatment in addition to the therapy and counseling sessions that address the substance abuse concerns.
- A whole person approach to treatment, with treatment addressing all aspects of a client’s life, mind, body and soul.
Contact Summit Estate today for further information about their dual diagnosis recovery program. Please either complete the form on this website and a Summit Estate staff member will reach out to you or call 800-701-6997. Thank you.
When used as prescribed, Xanax is used by doctors to treat panic and anxiety disorders. A part of a class of medications known as benzodiazepines, Xanax has a depressive effect on the central nervous system, thereby sedating a person that takes them. When used outside of its intended use, Xanax use can become an addiction.
By taking excess amounts of Xanax, the amount of neurotransmitters in the brain are depleted. These neurotransmitters are responsible for individuals being able to have feelings of pleasure. Without the neurotransmitters that the brain is supposed to have, people with Xanax addictions can find it difficult if not impossible to experience pleasure. Because of this, they will use larger and larger amounts of the medication in an attempt to regain those positive feelings. Breaking this cycle of Xanax addiction can be nearly impossible to do without professional help. The best way to become clean is to participate in an inpatient rehabilitation treatment program.
Summit Estate Recovery Center is here to help with Xanax addiction treatment. By providing individualized addiction therapy, Summit Estate is able to provide the best in rehabilitation care. Their luxury addiction treatment facility is located on 23 acres in northern California. Their six bed facility is staffed by 30 team members each with a specialty that helps clients become and remain clean. Each Summit Estate client undergoes an interactive treatment care plan that addresses the root cause of the addiction and provides clients with the tools they need to remain sober after treatment.
Inpatient treatment for Xanax addiction at Summit Estate includes:
- A customized medically controlled detoxification protocol
- Creation of a treatment plan by working in tandem with their counselor – this treatment plan is based on the specific needs of each client and their personal goals and objectives
- Intensive therapy through group, individual, and family sessions to identify and address the root cause of the addiction
- Gaining an understanding of each client’s likes while sober
- Establishing healthy living and positive behaviors
- Addressing any legal, professional, or personal issues that were the result of the addiction and the addictive behavior
Contact Summit Estate today by completing the form linked below and a member of their admissions team will reach out to you. You can also give Summit Estate a call at 800-701-6997. Thank you.