One of the hurdles facing those contemplating inpatient treatment at a recovery center is the element of the unknown. It can be hard to get a grasp on how daily life is as an inpatient. Some people assume they’ll have no freedom during recovery. This is far from the truth. At Summit Estate Recovery Center, we provide world class substance abuse treatment in a luxury setting with your comfort and interests in mind.
Inpatient experiences at Summit Estate begin with the initial phone call. Our admissions team takes the time to understand you as an individual and begins the process of personalizing your treatment. Upon arriving at our facility, you will begin your individualized detoxification process. We believe that detoxing in a medically controlled environment allows for a safer and more comfortable experience.
After detoxification, you will meet with your counselor who will gain further understanding of you as an individual in order to customize your treatment plan. Your daily experiences may include:
- Reflection and integration
- One on one counseling and therapy
- Establishing recovery goals and discharge planning
- Yoga therapy
- Art therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Sessions that focus on codependency and relationships
- Offsite support group meetings
- Weekly offsite acitivities
- Coping and problem solving skills
- Family visits
- Free time
- Family therapy
- Movie nights
- Personal training
We provide a number of accommodations during treatment. During your stay at Summit Estate Recovery Center, you will sleep in luxury hotel-quality accommodations. Additionally, we are located on 23 acres of gardens, trails, orchards and ponds that will allow you to step away from the stress of everyday life and focus on the simple things and your recovery. To make your stay comfortable, we offer:
- Gourmet, nutritious meals freshly prepared by our chef
- Exercise facilities
- Spa facilities including sauna and Jacuzzi
- Fully stocked fishing pond
- Access to computers
- Available massage, acupuncture, nutritional counseling and reflexology
By limiting our clients to a 6 bed facility, we are able to provide intense, personalized treatment. We work with each of clients to understand the root cause of their addiction, to address those issues and prepare you for life after treatment.
Your experience with Summit Estate begins with the initial phone call. One of our admissions counselors can answer any questions you have as well as coordinate your arrival. Please complete the form on this website or simply call 800-701-6997.
Often, people think of 12 step programs when considering rehab centers. While 12 step programs have been largely successful, they are not for everyone. There are non 12 step rehab centers in California. In northern California, Summit Estate Recovery Center provides luxury, individualized treatment in a relaxing setting.
What is 12 step treatment?
A traditional 12 step treatment program relies upon a client’s belief in, and relationship with, a higher power. Additionally, 12 step recovery is a peer based program, meaning that individuals who are in recovery rely upon each other for guidance and support. Ongoing treatment is done through meetings, which are typically not run or facilitated by medical professionals and are instead run by people who are in recovery.
Are there people who benefit from a non 12 step program?
There are certain individuals who find that a 12 step program is not an ideal fit for them. Reasons for this include:
- Having a personality that does not mesh well with peer based recovery or group treatment
- Living in an area or having a schedule that does not lend itself to being able to regularly attend meetings
- Previous experience with a 12 step program that was unsuccessful
What is the focus of a non 12 step program?
Non 12 step rehab centers focus on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) or Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT). CBT allows clients to determine how their thoughts can affect and modify their feelings and behavior. This is primarily achieved through individual therapy. DBT uses CBT as a foundation and adds a component for addressing behavior in relationships. DBT uses group sessions as well to facilitate treatment.
Additionally, non 12 step programs are not able to treat dual diagnosis clients. Dual diagnosis addresses issues that are a result of substance abuse and mental illness. Mental illness and substance abuse often go hand in hand, with one often causing or resulting in the other.
One of the admissions counselors at Summit Estate can provide information on our addiction treatment program and answer any questions you may have. Once you’re ready to start treatment, our admissions counselor can coordinate your entry into the program. Start the process by completing the form on this site or call us at 800-701-6997.
Alcohol has a psychoactive effect on the body and depresses a person’s central nervous system. There are real physical and mental effects of alcohol abuse including:
- Memory loss
- Disturbances in sleep
- High blood pressure
- Decreased immune system
Thankfully, alcohol’s effect on the body can be reversed when a person stops drinking and begins clean living. While making the choice to stop drinking is the first step, it is often difficult to stop the addictive behavior and dependency without alcohol addiction treatment.
Conveniently located in the California Bay area, Summit Estate Recovery Center provides luxury, personalized alcohol addiction treatment. Our facility is limited to six clients at a time, ensuring that we are able to provide a fully customized experience for each of our clients. Our team of 30 staff members provides treatment through several mechanisms including:
- Individual counseling
- Individual therapy
- Family therapy
- Offsite and onsite group meetings
- Conflict resolution training
- Yoga therapy
- Art therapy
- Stress management
- Physical fitness
- Medication management
This is all done on our 23 acre estate that provides the ideal serene backdrop for stepping away from the everyday stresses in life and focusing on recovery. Our program begins with getting to know each client as an individual. Each client receives a customized detoxification protocol that allows detox to occur in a controlled and comfortable manner. Next, the intensive inpatient treatment phase begins with a full needs assessment. Working with each client, their goals and objectives, a customized treatment plan is developed to provide that person with the best program for their recovery. After inpatient treatment is complete, we offer an outpatient program and continued follow up so that our clients continue to receive the necessary support to maintain their sobriety.
Contact Summit Estate today to discuss our programs and learn how our alcohol addiction treatment can bring you a successful recovery. If paying for treatment is a concern, we can work with your insurance company as well as provide information on finance companies that specialize in funding inpatient treatment. Please contact us at 800-701-6997 or complete the form on this site and we will reach out to you.
Opiates are highly addictive and can be extremely difficult to stop taking “cold turkey.” In 2010, in excess of 12 million people indicated they took prescription painkillers when they were not medically necessary. For many of those individuals, taking prescription medication will become an addiction that can be nearly impossible to stop outside of treatment. Many people turn to medications such as suboxin to treat the physical dependence on opiates, allowing them to be sober without suffering through the painful effects of withdrawal.
At Summit Estate, we believe that a comfortable detoxification process best prepares our clients to focus on recovery from their drug abuse. For clients who are on suboxin, we allow the continued use of the medication as a part of treatment. Our medical staff will review your unique situation and determine what the best course of treatment is knowing your unique medical concerns. We customize detoxification protocols for all of our clients so that they are able to detox in a comfortable and controlled manner. This treatment can include suboxin as determined on a case by case basis.
Located on 23 acres of naturally beautiful gardens, orchards and lawns, Summit Estate provides luxury addiction treatment with a personal focus. We have limited our center to six beds to ensure that every client’s needs are fully tended to. We have a whole body approach and take time to treat your mind and body. Daily inpatient treatment includes:
- Individual and family therapy
- Individual counseling
- Yoga therapy
- Gym with personal training
- Nutritional counseling
- Art therapy
- Weekly outings
- Offsite support meetings
A Summit Estate admissions counselor can provide you with additional information about our programs and discuss more on how inpatient treatment works. The admissions counselors take time to understand your unique set of circumstances and to begin personalizing your treatment. Furthermore, we are able to coordinate with your insurance company to determine your specific out of pocket costs. If paying for treatment is a concern of yours, we can provide information on two financing companies that specialize in funding rehabilitation. We offer two convenient methods of contact. Either complete the form on this site or give us a call at 800-701-6997.
Drug addiction and mental disorders often go hand in hand. For those struggling with mental disorders, substance abuse may be used as a way to self-medicate. People who become addicted to drugs often develop mental disorders as a result of their drug dependency. When seeking treatment, it is important to find a facility that can simultaneously treat drug addiction and mental disorders.
Located in northern California, Summit Estate Recovery center provides individualized treatment for drug addiction and mental disorders. We are experts in the field in treating those with dual diagnosis and breaking the cycle of substance use and mental health disorders which includes:
- Taking the addicted person’s drug of choice
- The resulting flood of neurotransmitters in the brain
- A high feeling as a result of the increased neurotransmitters
- The brain attempting to regain a chemical balance by absorbing and eventually depleting the excess and naturally stored neurotransmitters
- The user feeling the end-of-the-high feeling
- Difficulty experiencing pleasure while not on the drug due to a severely reduced amount of neurotransmitters in the brain resulting in anxiety, depression, and other mental disorders
In addition to facing treatment for both the drug addiction and mental disorders, individuals with a dual diagnosis are more likely to relapse after treatment. Therefore, it is important to find a rehab facility that is equipped to address both issues.
Our 23 acre estate provides luxury accommodation and personalized treatment to achieve the following:
- A healthy and clean mind and body
- Understanding of what causes anxiety and depression
- The development and creation of tools to cope with stress and cravings
- Elimination of fear and anxiety and the negative effects those emotions have on behavior and decisions
- Particiating in healthy behaviors and activities
- The learning and adapation of new habits and understanding of their interests while sober
- Assistance dealing with the professional, personal, and legal consequences of previous addictive behavior
- Creation and adherence to a comprehensive care plan for life outside of inpatient treatment
Learn more about our dual diagnosis program by contacting us today. Our admissions counselors can provide additional information about our program offerings and help figure out if Summit Estate is the right place for you. Contact us by calling 800-701-6997 or completing the form on this site.
It is common for people who are struggling with opiate addiction to try and get clean on their own before seeking treatment. One way of trying to avoid the side effects associated with withdrawal from opiate use is the drug suboxin.
What is suboxin?
Suboxin is commonly used as a drug addiction treatment for those who are addicted to opiates. Some people may delay or avoid inpatient treatment due to the belief that they will have to stop taking suboxin resulting in withdrawal symptoms.
Opiates work in the brain by slowing down your normal brain function. This results in a number of negative effects on the physical body including:
- Reduction in heart rate
- Slowed breathing
Highly addictive opiates change the way your brain works. Opiates artificially increase the amount of neurotransmitters in the brain. These chemicals are responsible for feelings of pleasure and the influx of the chemical creates a “high” feeling. The brain attempts to correct this and leaches the neurotransmitters that are naturally a part of brain function. Due to this, an opiate abuser has difficulty feeling pleasure without the drug. An addicted person experiences withdrawal because, over time, your body can not function normally without the opiates.
Can I take suboxin during inpatient treatment?
At Summit Estate, clients are able to continue taking suboxin during drug addiction treatment. Our medical team reviews each person’s situation individually to determine the best dosage and how suboxin should be taken to best support recovery.
How is detoxification done? Does it have to be painful?
We provide a personalized detoxification protocol for each of our clients. By customizing protocols to the needs of each client, detox can be done in a controlled and comfortable manner. This process both increases the likelihood of successful drug addiction treatment and allows our clients to focus on their recovery sooner. Detoxification does not need to be painful.
Contact us today to learn more about our program and our drug addiction treatment. An admissions counselor can answer your questions and coordinate your entry into the program. Call 800-701-6997 or complete the form on this site to get started.
Executives have a unique set of concerns when looking at recovery from substance abuse. To have the best chance of success during inpatient rehab, it is important to find a center experienced in addiction treatment for executives. Executives often have histories of being successful in life. This can make it hard to accept that they need to enter treatment in order to become sober. Additionally, they may be lulled into a false sense of security that they are able to successfully beat their addiction without the help of others.
To provide the best addiction treatment for executives, we provide high quality treatment in a relaxing environment that includes:
- Four star hotel quality accommodations
- Gourmet, freshly prepared, delicious and nutritious food
- A calm and serene setting on 23 acres of gardens, orchards, and lawns
- Hiking trails and a fully stocked fishing pond
To facilitate recovery in our addiction treatment for executives, we focus on the following during inpatient treatment:
- An individualized medically controlled detoxification protocol. This protocol allows clients to avoid the high stress and pain levels often associated with detoxification. By customizing protocols, clients are able to detox in a comfortable and controlled manner.
- Establishing a sober and clean mind and body. We believe that treatment should include your entire being. Clean living means monitoring what you eat as food has a direct effect on your brain chemistry. Exercise not only increases physical health but also provides an outlet for stress which can help to decrease cravings.
- Discovering the client’s interests while sober. It takes time to understand what a person enjoys while not abusing substances. By taking part in activities that a client enjoys that are not destructive, the client is able to find things they can do after treatment.
- Provide help in all areas of life including legal, professional, and personal issues. Substance abuse has a real effect on both the individual and those around them. Healing these relationships takes time and effort.
Begin addiction treatment for executives today by contacting us. We can provide additional information on our program, work with your insurance company, and begin understanding you as an individual to begin personalizing your treatment. Contact us today at 800-701-6997 or complete the form on this site.
If you are seeking help for your addiction, it is important to find a rehabilitation program that addresses your whole person, mind body and spirit. In a holistic environment, you are able to step away from the stressors in life and work on clean living.
When recovering from an addiction, the transformation your body undergoes happens on many levels. True recovery requires an adaptation in many areas in your life including your eating habits. Healthy living means that you are cognizant about everything you put in your body, including the food you eat. It is not uncommon for individuals to have unhealthy relationships with food in addition to other addictions. An addiction nutritionist can help you to address these issues as a part of your treatment.
At Summit Estate Recovery Center, we offer many amenities during treatment including having an addiction nutritionist and chef on staff. The goal of this team is to provide healthy, fresh, nutrient rich meals. We understand that the content of the food you eat can affect your brain chemistry and that eating good meals can help you obtain a healthy brain chemistry. During your stay at Summit Estate, we offer nutrition classes that allow you to prepare the foods you enjoy during recovery at home.
Included as a part of your recovery we offer:
- Detox services with individualized protocols
- Medication management
- Full medical staff including nurses, doctors, a psychiatrist and therapists
- Gourmet cuisine
- Personal training
- Fully stocked pond for fishing
- Individual Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Individual counseling
- Weekly outings
- Access to our 23 acre recovery center which includes gardens, hiking trails and orchards
- Spa quality bathrooms
- Comfortable bedroom suites
Additional holistic healing is available at an additional cost including acupuncture, massage, reflexology and nutritional counseling. Our goal is to provide you with all of the support you need to facilitate clean living in all aspects of your life.
The road to recovery begins with one phone call. An admissions counselor can review our program options as well as further address how an addiction nutritionist can play a role in your recovery. To find out more, contact us today through the form on this website or by calling us at 800-701-6997.
While many people use drugs and alcohol, not everyone becomes addicted. Because of this, some people with addictions find it difficult to identify themselves as having a problem. There are many negative components of living with addiction. Your dependency likely has affected your job, your family, and your friends.
How do you know when you need to seek alcohol and drug addiction recovery? The list below can help you identify the signs.
- Have you neglected your responsibilities such as your job, commitments to family or your children to use drugs or alcohol?
- Do you use drugs or alcohol in times or places where it is dangerous to do so?
- Have you engaged in dangerous behavior while under the influence of drugs or alcohol?
- Is your drug or alcohol use having an effect on your relationships?
- Do you need higher doses of drugs or alcohol to receive the same feelings?
- Do you use drugs or alcohol in an attempt to avoid the physical symptoms associated with withdrawal?
- Have you continued to use drugs or alcohol while knowing it has a negative effect on your life, but are unable to stop?
- Do you spend a lot of time thinking about drugs or alcohol?
If you answer yes to some or all of the questions above, it is time to speak to someone about alcohol and drug addiction recovery. There are many options in Northern California for treatment. One of the most successful inpatient treatment centers is Summit Estate Facility Center. Located on 23 acres of lush gardens, hiking trails and recreational areas, Summit Estate is dedicated to helping our clients achieve sobriety in a healthy, stress free environment. Our six bed facility and 30 staff members allow us to provide all of our clients with the one on one support they need before, during and after treatment.
Our team is here and ready to help you on your road to sobriety. An admissions counselor will get to know you as an individual while answering any questions you may have about our programs for alcohol and drug addiction recovery. Contact us by completing the form on our website or give us a call at 800-701-6997.
It is common for people to have questions about everyday life during treatment. Our admissions counselor is able to address your questions during your initial conversation. During a typical day, you can expect the following:
- Gourmet breakfast
- One on one counseling and therapy
- Gourmet lunch
- Issue specific therapies
- Yoga or art therapy
- Off-site support group therapy
- Gourmet dinner
- Personal time
One of the most common questions we receive from clients is about bringing a cell phone to rehab. Personal items are allowed at Summit Estate Recovery Center and this includes bringing a cell phone to rehab. Items that may be brought to the program include:
- Cash for miscellaneous expenses
- Debit or credit card for acupuncture or massage
- Comfortable clothing that is modest. Only 5 to 7 days of clothing is needed as there is a washer and dryer on site.
- Exercise clothes for yoga workouts
- A modest bathing suit. Bikinis and speedo style suits are not allowed
- Athletic shoes
- Appropriate reading material
- Cigarettes if you smoke
- Sunglasses (may not be worn indoors)
- Laptop, tablet or ereader
- Cell phone
It is required that you bring your insurance card and photo ID. If you are on prescription medication, it should be brought in its original bottle. Over the counter medication must be unopened. Items will be reviewed before they are delivered to your room. There are some items that are prohibited:
- Sample medication
- Alcohol and drugs
- Large amounts of jewelry or cash
- Mouthwash that contains alcohol
- Food or drink
- Revealing clothing
- Candles or incense
- Self tanning or artificial tanning products
- Hair dye
- Perfume or other personal care items that contain alcohol.
We take time to understand you as an individual and to develop a treatment plan that addresses your unique issues. Treatment is most successful when it is tailored to the needs of the client and done in a relaxing atmosphere.
Contact us today and speak with our admissions counselor who can address bringing a cell phone to rehab and any other questions you might have. To reach us, complete the form on this site or give us a call at 800-701-6997.