Health In Recovery
Healthy eating is important for all of us, but it’s especially crucial for recovering addicts who are building up their mental and physical energy. The right nutrients aid in healing the body and producing more feel-good chemicals in the brain. But not all foods are treated equal. So how can you choose a great tasting meal that provides you with the right nutrients?
You’re in luck! We have a delicious and nutritious meal to help you out. This tasty Garlic Salmon and Asparagus in Foil recipe is brought to you by Cooking Classy. It’s full of flavor, simple to prepare and chock full of essential nutrients. It’s also a quick and easy clean up.
Salmon alone is an excellent source of vitamin B12, vitamin D, vitamin B6 and selenium. It also contains omega-3 fatty acids (which have been shown to improve brain function) and protein. Asparagus is another winner packed with fiber, folate and vitamins A, C, E and K. Top the recipe off with fresh herbs and lemon, and you’re fueling the body with the right balance of nutrients.
Let’s get started.
Garlic Salmon And Asparagus In Foil
- 4 (6 oz) skinless salmon fillets
- 1 lb asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- Fresh dill sprigs, or chopped fresh thyme, rosemary or parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut four sheets of aluminum foil into separate pieces that are around 14-inches in length.
- Divide the asparagus up into four separate portions and place them onto the foil. You should have about 8 spears for each one.
- In a small bowl, mix together the oil and garlic. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of the mixture onto the asparagus. Sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the salmon fillets. Season the bottom of each fillet with salt and pepper. Then place the fillets onto the asparagus.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon of the mixture of oil and garlic onto each salmon fillet. Season them with salt and pepper to your liking.
- To finish off your dish, top the salmon and asparagus with either dill sprigs or fresh herbs and lemon slices.
- Fold the foil over the salmon and asparagus and place them onto a baking sheet.
- Cook the salmon for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
- Unwrap the salmon and serve it with a healthy side such as quinoa or brown rice. Enjoy!
Enjoy! If you like this recipe, be sure to check out more healthy and delicious recipes on our Pinterest board!
Personalized Addiction Treatment In San Jose
Summit Estate Recovery Center provides personalized addiction treatment options in the San Jose area for those struggling with drug or alcohol. We will design a custom treatment regimen that caters to you or your loved one’s individual needs and goals. As part of our nutrition program, we also provide delicious and healthy gourmet cuisine for our clients.
Our caring and professional staff will treat you with the care and compassion you deserve. Call us now.