Major depression, also known as clinical depression, is a severe medical illness. People tend to ignore it and brush off the seriousness of depression. It is different from the occasional blue periods and feelings of sadness. Depression affects your physical health, behavior, moods, feelings, and thoughts. It is a condition that may last a lifetime and has periods of relapses and remission. Someone experiencing depression may turn to use drugs and alcohol as a way to cope with the condition. A good depression treatment program treats both substance abuse disorder and depression at the same time.
Major depressive disorder is the leading cause of disability among adults in the United States. It affects approximately 16.1 million adults in America. These statistics show that the condition affects more women than men and can occur among people of any age. The depression treatment program in CA provides the necessary support to help manage the issue.
At Summit Estate Recovery Center, we know that when you’re battling addiction and depression, you can feel overwhelmed or frightened. However, there is hope for a better future. At our depression treatment center, we treat addiction and depression simultaneously, giving each person the support and care they need to recover. Don’t let your depression rule your life anymore. Please contact Summit Estate Recovery Center today at 800.701.6997 or using our convenient online form to learn about our recovery programs.
How Many People Battle Depression Today?
- Women are twice as likely as men to suffer from depression.
- Close to 20% of those who have an addiction also live with depression or another mood disorder.
- Depression affects over 7% of the US population over the age of 18 each year.
Depression is one of the most common mental health conditions in the United States today. While this disorder is a chronic condition, there is hope for the future. Research shows that 80% of people who seek treatment for their depression show an improvement in their symptoms. To learn about the benefits of treatment at Summit Estate Recovery Center, please contact our team today at 800.701.6997.
Depression and Drug Addiction
Unfortunately, addiction and mental health conditions, such as depression, often co-occur. In some cases, a person may use alcohol to numb the feeling that their depression inspires. As time goes on, they feel they must drink more to feel the same numbness, a condition that experts call tolerance. Tolerance is often a trademark of addiction.
Alternatively, your drug or alcohol use may lead to depression. For example, some experts suggest that opioid use increases the likelihood of depression.
If there is a link between depression and substance abuse, a dual diagnosis treatment program is necessary. This program means that the health professionals at a drug addiction facility should tackle both disorders with the required medication and therapy. Depression medications and depression itself may lead to one becoming a drug addict. Additionally, substance use can cause depression. Therapists should be keen to establish the cause of the two disorders before beginning the treatment process.
“Summit Estate Recovery Center was the place we decided to go with for my friend’s need. The place had gorgeous rooms for an inpatient program. The place was amazingly clean and had a very supportive staff. It was important to me that my friend stayed in a comfortable, welcoming, and luxurious environment. I knew this was the only way that he would be able to recover properly. The staff were caring, friendly, professional, and found the perfect drug rehab center for my friend in less than 24 hours! He is on his way to rehabilitation and I have to thank Summit Estate for making that happen. Highly recommended!“
There are different types of depression, including atypical depression, seasonal affective disorder, dysthymia, and major depression. People who are struggling with varying kinds of depression experience various symptoms. A person with depression, who also uses drugs, experiences more intense symptoms.
Some of the common symptoms of depression include:
- Feeling pessimistic, hopeless, and useless
- Loss of interest in personal goals, hobbies, and work
- Problems sleeping
- Changes in weight and appetite
- Trouble concentrating
Most individuals facing depression may experience more than one of the above symptoms at some point in their lives. Some people may have different types of depression at the same time. This condition is life-threatening and extremely dangerous. If you experience any signs of depression, you should seek help in a depression treatment program near you. The doctors at the treatment facility diagnose depression through a physical exam, psychological evaluation, lab tests, or DSM-5.
Most mental health professionals use the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5). The manual has a listed criterion that assists doctors in diagnosing various mental illnesses. Insurance companies use it to reimburse for treatment that relates to mental health conditions.
What Treatment Options Are Available in Dual Diagnosis Treatment?
Experts suggest that the best treatment option for those battling depression and addiction is often a combination of medication and psychotherapy. If you use medications that your doctor monitors carefully, you may be able to get relief from your symptoms. However, psychotherapy is equally important to the treatment equation. Therapy gives you the tools you need to manage your condition outside of treatment.
At Summit Estate Recovery Center, we believe that in order for a person to heal completely, they require holistic treatment. Holistic treatment heals the damage that addiction does to the person’s body, mind, and soul. Our treatment options include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy: Cognitive-behavioral therapy, or CBT, is a useful tool for identifying the harmful habits that led to your addiction. Once you’ve identified them, you can begin to put healthier habits into place.
- Dialectical behavior therapy: Dialectical behavior therapy gives you the tools that you need to manage your response to the circumstances around you.
- Family therapy: Addiction rarely only affects you. With family therapy, your loved ones can heal from addiction’s touch as you begin to put healthy coping mechanisms into place.
- Yoga therapy: Research shows that regular exercise can relieve depression symptoms. Yoga therapy is a practice that you can use outside of treatment.
- Art therapy: Sometimes words can’t express how you’re feeling. Art therapy allows you to show your emotions without having to find the words to speak.
We offer both one-on-one therapy sessions and group therapy sessions, all of which can support your recovery. To learn more about the therapy options we provide, please contact Summit Estate Recovery Center today.
Depression Treatment Program at Summit Estate Recovery Center
The treatment facility specializes in helping patients through a dual diagnosis treatment program. It provides a personalized treatment plan for patients with co-occurring disorders. The patients receive holistic treatment that is helpful to their spirit, mind, and body. The depression treatment program in CA has a compassionate and caring staff that ensures the individuals get the best chance to overcome their conditions. This program helps them live happy and healthy lives.
Treatment programs provided at Summit Estate Recovery Center include:
- Outpatient treatment program: This is ideal for individuals with a mild addiction. They do not need residential treatment or detox.
- Partial hospitalization/day treatment: Clients visit the facility for around 6 hours every day to attend therapy sessions. They stay at home to take care of their jobs and homes.
- Residential treatment program: Residents remain in the facility during their treatment. The medical providers supervise them and ensure they are comfortable throughout the treatment process.
- Telehealth treatment program: This works for individuals who are unable to access the facility. They receive treatment sessions through online platforms.
For more information about our expert treatment programs, we invite you to reach out to Summit Estate Recovery Center today. We will give you the tools you need to recover from depression or anxiety.
What to Expect During the Admissions Process
When you contact Summit Estate Recovery Center about our depression treatment program or addiction treatment options, your first step will be to complete an admissions exam. This assessment is confidential but necessary, as we know that treatment is often more successful when we tailor it to the individual’s needs. Our exam may include questions about topics such as:
- Your history with addiction
- Your physical health
- History of mental illness
- How often you used the substance
- How much of the substance you used
We believe these questions about your history with addiction and whether you’re battling depression or any other mental health issues are vital. They allow us to determine what services will best address your challenges. Once we have done that, we’ll work with our team of experts to create a treatment plan using a range of holistic and evidence-based treatment options. If you have any questions during the admissions process, feel free to ask our team members at any time. We’d be happy to discuss your challenges and give you the answers that you need.
Get Treatment for Co-Occurring Disorders at Summit Estate Recovery Center
Drug and alcohol addiction can be overwhelming on their own. However, when you’re also battling depression, you may feel isolated or alone. Fortunately, at Summit Estate Recovery Center, we’re committed to each person’s complete recovery. We provide co-occurring treatment for both depression and a range of addictions, including:
- Alcohol addiction treatment
- Heroin addiction treatment
- Prescription drug addiction treatment
- Cocaine addiction treatment
At Summit Estate Recovery Center, we employ a team of committed treatment professionals who are at your side throughout your recovery process. Don’t let depression push you into using drugs and alcohol or vice versa. Take a step to get help from a depression treatment program today. Reach out to us by calling 800.701.6997 and begin your journey to a successful life.