Research has shown it takes at least 30 days to change a behavior. Every client is different and the recommended length of stay depends on medical necessity and clients’ progress during treatment. Many of our clients extend treatment beyond the initial 30 days, between 45 and 120 days. Lifetime substance abuse recovery is highly correlated to treatment stays of 90 days or more.
Summit Estate Recovery Center offers medically-assisted detoxification, intensive inpatient treatment with graduated phases of care, intensive outpatient treatment, and Continuing Care. We provide each client with an individualized treatment plan based on his or her specific needs. Additionally, our certified professionals are experts at helping clients with co-occurring disorders, such as a depression and anxiety, which often present with primary substance abuse addiction. Family members play a vital role in your recovery process and are encouraged to participate in our Family Program. Our dedication to providing continued follow-up with our clients extends beyond graduation. We are always here for you.
With a small client population, the demographics of any given group can vary widely. Summit Estate Recovery Center treats men and women aged 18 and older. Approximately 50% of our clients struggle with addiction to alcohol. We also treat a significant number of those addicted to prescription drugs and illicit substance. The remainder are prescription, drug abuse If you have specific concerns, please speak with our Intake Coordinator.
Admission starts with a call to our team at (866) 569-9391. A conversation with our Intake Coordinator will help determine which program track is best suited to your situation. If you will be using insurance, we will ask for plan information at that time to check your policy benefits. If intensive inpatient treatment is required, we will immediately begin to make arrangements to admit you to our facility. The actual date of admission may be dependent on space availability. However, we make every effort to accommodate your needs as quickly as possible. If a space is not immediately available, we can hold the next bed with a minimal fee, which will apply to your admission cost. Residential admission is conducted Monday through Friday, unless there are extenuating circumstances and arrangements have been made in advance. Outpatient admission is completed Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday and may be available the same day as your inquiry. If you will be paying privately, our Intake Coordinator will discuss cost and methods of payment with you. If you will be using insurance, and your benefits have been verified, you will speak to a member of our insurance authorization team to complete an in-depth phone evaluation prior to admission.
Your out-of-pocket cost for Summit Estate’s treatment program is dependent on whether or not you will be paying privately or using your insurance. Our Intake Coordinator will be happy to speak to you about the overall cost of treatment. Our fees include everything necessary to successfully complete your program, with the exception of: prescription costs/co-pays, and optional services such as massage, reflexology, additional therapeutic sessions, and one-on-one nutritional counseling. We work successfully with most insurance carriers and will bill them directly for your services. Additionally, for convenience, we accept all major credit cards. Full payment is due upon admission unless special arrangements have been made. If you would prefer to secure a loan to cover your program cost, we work with Prosper HealthCare Lending. Please visit our financing options page for more information.
Summit Estate is dedicated to client confidentiality under HIPAA privacy rules. We will not discuss your treatment with any individuals or your employer unless you have signed consent to release information and specify the type of information we may discuss. If you are not paying privately, your insurance company will be notified of your treatment to facilitate payment. Your insurance provider is bound by the same HIPAA privacy rules as Summit Estate.
We are happy to coordinate treatment and share information with your doctor, providing you sign a release allowing us to do.
Our onsite chef is skilled at accommodating most dietary needs. Please contact us if you have special requirements.
Summit Estate Recovery Center’s program is designed around an evidence-based, holistic philosophy. We do not specifically incorporate the 12-step model into our program. However, we are happy to accommodate clients interested in taking part in 12-step programming and will transport you to outside meetings and work with you on the steps while in treatment.
Yes! We encourage family members to visit during specified weekend hours and to be involved in your recovery process. We offer family therapy as a major component of our treatment approach. With your signed consent, your family member(s) can also communicate directly with your primary counselor and/or therapist, as they’re input is valuable to the process.
Please bring a photo ID (driver’s license or passport) and your insurance card. Additionally, a credit card will be kept on file for ancillary cost. It is important you bring all medications you are currently taking, in their original packaging. Labels must in your name and cannot be expired. Please visit our what to bring page. For further questions, please contact our Intake Coordinator.
Our Intake Coordinator is here to guide you through this difficult situation. Depending on your specific circumstance, we are happy to provide a referral to a partner interventionist. Please call us anytime to discuss how we can help.
WHAT TO BRING
- Cash for miscellaneous purchases (up to a few hundred dollars depending on length of stay). This may be kept in our safe, if desired.
- A debit/credit card for medication copays/costs and/or additional services like massages, reflexology, and additional one-on-one sessions
- Modest, comfortable clothing; enough for at least 5-7 days of wear (we provide a washer and dryer as well as detergent). The San Jose area has a moderate, Mediterranean-type climate, dry summers with temperatures in the mid-80’s, and wet winters with temperatures in the mid-60’s
- Exercise clothing for yoga and gym workouts
- A one-piece or tankini bathing suit for women (no bikinis, no exceptions) and board shorts for men (no speedos or other revealing swimwear)
- Exercise shoes, slippers, sandals, etc
- Appropriate sleepwear/robe
- Examples of clothing to consider: T-shirts, jeans, shorts, jacket, sweatshirts, sweatpants, hat
- Toiletries: toothbrush, toothpaste, hair products, deodorant, hair dryer, liquid body wash, lotion, shaving supplies (disposable razor, electric razor), shaving cream, brush/comb, hair dryer, curling iron, feminine hygiene products, nail clippers, soap is provided
- Appropriate reading material
- If you smoke, please bring enough cigarettes to last your stay at Summit Estate. Vape pens are allowed but must not be filled. “Juice” refill containers must be new and sealed. Nicotine patches, electronic cigarettes, and/or gum, is acceptable
- Sunglasses (allowed outdoors only)
- MP3 player (allowed only if it does not disrupt the treatment process and must be single function music player)
- Health insurance card
- Government issued photo ID
- Currently prescribed medications (NO SAMPLES). Prescriptions must be in the original pharmacy bottle, with the original prescription label. Liquid medications must be new and sealed. All medications must be up-to-date, no expired prescription.
- All over-the-counter medications must be unopened: Ibuprofen, Immodium, Maalox,
- Melatonin, Milk of Magnesia, Nicotine patches or gum
Note: It is advisable to pack a small bag with essentials for your immediate needs, as your baggage may not be available until staff are able to process it. We recommend you bring only the jewelry you wear daily. Summit Estate Recovery Center is not responsible for the loss of any personal items including, but not limited to, jewelry, cash, electronics, and credit cards.
Items you may NOT bring to Summit Estate
- Sample Medications (Vitamins, Herbal Supplements, Sleep Aids, Body-Building
- Supplements, and Weight-Loss Supplements will be reviewed by Summit Estate Medical
- Staff to determine appropriateness and are subject to approval)
- Alcohol or Drugs
- Weapons, of any kind
- Excessive jewelry or cash
- Mouthwash containing alcohol
- Perfume, cologne, or aftershave products containing alcohol
- Food or Drink of any kind (including gum & candy)
- T-shirts or ball caps that have inappropriate or offensive words on them
- Revealing shorts, skirts, halter tops, tank tops, miniskirts, or muscle shirts – clothing must cover midsection and stomach completely. When arms are held up skin and underwear should remain hidden
- Candles or incense
- Tanning oils, self-tanning products, hair dye, or bleaching products
- Aerosol sprays