Using heroin affects the receptors in the brain, and bind with the drug. When people use heroin, they experience changes in the brain within minutes. The brain develops a dependence on the drug, and the users tend to find ways to fight the urge to use heroin. The heroin addiction treatment program provides intensive therapy for the users and helps stop the dependence of heroin.
Statistics show that approximately 23 percent of the people using heroin are dependent on the drug. A heroin addiction treatment program in CA helps the users to live a more fulfilling and satisfying life. You need to find out the cause of the addiction first then enroll in treatment programs for a successful recovery.
Heroin Addiction Treatment Program
Treating heroin addiction usually involves lifestyle changes, support groups, medication, and therapy. Both outpatient and inpatient treatment centers provide the above programs. A heroin addiction treatment program offers the best chances for a quick and successful recovery. Heroin detox is usually the initial step in addiction treatment. You should detox with a group of experts that have the skills to monitor and supervise you throughout the heroin detoxification process.
Heroin withdrawal lasts for several weeks and is painful. The health care providers prescribe medication that helps in managing the pain and allows the body to adjust slowly. Therapy helps to tackle any underlying behaviors that may be the cause of the individual’s use of heroin. It also handles co-occurring disorders, such as anxiety and depression.
Relapse Prevention and Ongoing Treatment
Some heroin addicts opt for outpatient rehab for the treatment of their addiction. Outpatient rehab is ideal for individuals with mild addictions. It involves people in recovery who are receiving medications and therapy while also taking care of their work and personal lives. If you intend to begin treatment for heroin addiction, you should consult with a substance abuse professional. These experts help you determine the best treatment program that fits your preferences and needs. Ongoing treatment is vital in ensuring one stays sober for a long time.
Therapists help you stay focused on maintaining sobriety. They also ensure you identify and overcome your weaknesses and triggers.
Some of the tips for preventing heroin relapse while in recovery include:
- Continuing with meetings and therapies: Constantly meeting your therapist helps you overcome the temptations to use the drug.
- Continue taking medications: Don’t stop taking the prescribed medicines unless the doctor advises you to. Stopping the medications may cause cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
- Find sober hobbies and make sober friends: This helps to keep your mind off using heroin.
- Be careful with new prescriptions: Opt for non-narcotic pain relievers to minimize the occurrence of a relapse.
Treatment Programs Available at Summit Estate Recovery Center
This heroin addiction treatment program in CA provides a safe and comfortable environment to ensure the residents recover fully.
Some of the programs available at the facility include:
- Outpatient treatment program: This form of treatment is ideal for people who do not need residential treatment or detox. The clinicians at the facility provide support to the clients as they go by their daily lives.
- Day treatment/partial hospitalization: Clients receive treatment for 6 hours during the day. They are free to cater to their work and personal lives.
- Residential treatment program: The health experts at the facility monitor the residents for 24 hours to ensure they are comfortable during the detox process.
- Telehealth: Telehealth treatment services are essential when patients are not in a position to visit the treatment facility. This option is ideal, especially during this time of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Get Quality Treatment Centers at our Heroin Addiction Treatment Center
Don’t allow heroin addiction to interfere with your work and personal life. Seek help from our facility and choose a heroin addiction treatment program that best suits your needs. Reach out to us via 800.701.6997 and begin your journey to sobriety.