While many people use drugs and alcohol, not everyone becomes addicted. Because of this, some people with addictions find it difficult to identify themselves as having a problem. There are many negative components of living with addiction. Your dependency likely has affected your job, your family, and your friends. How do you know when you need to seek alcohol and drug addiction recovery? The list below can help you identify the signs.
- Have you neglected your responsibilities such as your job, commitments to family or your children to use drugs or alcohol?
- Do you use drugs or alcohol in times or places where it is dangerous to do so?
- Have you engaged in dangerous behavior while under the influence of drugs or alcohol?
- Is your drug or alcohol use having an effect on your relationships?
- Do you need higher doses of drugs or alcohol to receive the same feelings?
- Do you use drugs or alcohol in an attempt to avoid the physical symptoms associated with withdrawal?
- Have you continued to use drugs or alcohol while knowing it has a negative effect on your life, but are unable to stop?
- Do you spend a lot of time thinking about drugs or alcohol?
If you answer yes to some or all of the questions above, it is time to speak to someone about alcohol and drug addiction recovery. There are many options in Northern California for treatment. One of the most successful inpatient treatment centers is Summit Estate Facility Center. Located on 23 acres of lush gardens, hiking trails and recreational areas, Summit Estate is dedicated to helping our clients achieve sobriety in a healthy, stress free environment. Our six bed facility and 30 staff members allow us to provide all of our clients with the one on one support they need before, during and after treatment. Our team is here and ready to help you on your road to sobriety. An admissions counselor will get to know you as an individual while answering any questions you may have about our programs for alcohol and drug addiction recovery. Contact us by completing the form on our website or give us a call at 800-701-6997.