Often, when people think of rehab for substance abuse, they envision a 12 step program. While 12 step programs are highly popular and are ideal for some, they are not a one size fits all approach. A non 12 step rehabilitation center provides an alternative to traditional substance abuse rehab and may be the perfect way for some to receive treatment.
What is a non 12 step recovery program?
In a non 12 step rehabilitation center, the focus is on the behaviors of the individual and how those behaviors can be modified and addressed through in patient treatment. Many non 12 step rehabilitation centers use Cognitive Behavioral Therapy or CBT as a part of treatment. Treatment is outlined in the Phases of Addiction Treatment Model:
- Motivation – Identifying what motivates the individual to enter and remain in inpatient treatment and gain sobriety.
- Awareness / Education – Learning and understanding what the root cause of the addictive behavior.
- Resources / Challenges – Assembling a support system and understanding how to use it, understanding what their triggers are and establishing a plan on how to avoid relapse.
- Dedication – Developing a thorough and measurable plan for after discharge that sets the stage for continued sobriety.
What amenities does a non 12 step recovery center offer?
A number of amenities are available during inpatient rehab including:
- Luxury accommodations
- Gourmet meals
- Exercise center with personal training
- Yoga studio with a certified yoga instructor
- Spa facilities
In order to be successful, clients must feel comfortable during treatment. The best recovery centers understand that. Summit Estate Recovery Center is located in northern California and provides luxury treatment in our non 12 step rehabilitation center. Our focus is providing each of our clients with the tools they need to become and remain sober. Our six bed facility sits on a 23 acre estate that is covered in lush orchards, lawns and grasses that provide the ideal backdrop for relaxation and a focus on recovery. By limiting our facility to six beds we are able to provide individualized attention that allows each client to identify the root cause of their addiction and to build the tools needed to address those concerns. Learn more about the substance abuse program at Summit Estate, contact us today. Simply complete the form on this site and we’ll reach out to you, or call 800-701-6997.