Drug addiction and mental disorders often go hand in hand. For those struggling with mental disorders, substance abuse may be used as a way to self-medicate. People who become addicted to drugs often develop mental disorders as a result of their drug dependency. When seeking treatment, it is important to find a facility that can simultaneously treat drug addiction and mental disorders.
Located in northern California, Summit Estate Recovery center provides individualized treatment for drug addiction and mental disorders. We are experts in the field in treating those with dual diagnosis and breaking the cycle of substance use and mental health disorders which includes:
- Taking the addicted person’s drug of choice
- The resulting flood of neurotransmitters in the brain
- A high feeling as a result of the increased neurotransmitters
- The brain attempting to regain a chemical balance by absorbing and eventually depleting the excess and naturally stored neurotransmitters
- The user feeling the end-of-the-high feeling
- Difficulty experiencing pleasure while not on the drug due to a severely reduced amount of neurotransmitters in the brain resulting in anxiety, depression, and other mental disorders
In addition to facing treatment for both the drug addiction and mental disorders, individuals with a dual diagnosis are more likely to relapse after treatment. Therefore, it is important to find a rehab facility that is equipped to address both issues.
Our 23 acre estate provides luxury accommodation and personalized treatment to achieve the following:
- A healthy and clean mind and body
- Understanding of what causes anxiety and depression
- The development and creation of tools to cope with stress and cravings
- Elimination of fear and anxiety and the negative effects those emotions have on behavior and decisions
- Particiating in healthy behaviors and activities
- The learning and adapation of new habits and understanding of their interests while sober
- Assistance dealing with the professional, personal, and legal consequences of previous addictive behavior
- Creation and adherence to a comprehensive care plan for life outside of inpatient treatment
Learn more about our dual diagnosis program by contacting us today. Our admissions counselors can provide additional information about our program offerings and help figure out if Summit Estate is the right place for you. Contact us by calling 800-701-6997 or completing the form on this site.